Friday, January 10, 2014

More Savings Fun

Happy Friday!  I was working late last night and a coworker and I started sharing some of our New Year resolutions.  I told her that one of my resolutions was to start saving more, and she said she wanted to do the same.  She told me about her savings plan, which I thought was pure genious and actually kind of fun, so I've decided to share it with all of you.

1.  On a piece of paper, write down the numbers 1 - 52.  (One number for each week of the year.)  You can also get 52 post-its or index cards and write down each number on one post-it or card, if you'd like.
2. Once a week, put an amount between $1 - $52 dollars in a jar and cross off that number on the piece of paper.
3. Repeat weekly, crossing out a different number each week.

Maybe during weeks when you're short on money you can cross the smaller numbers off your list, and certain weeks where you have more cash sitting around, you can hit the big numbers.  The great part about this savings plan is that if you do this every week, you'll end up with $1,378 by the end of the year!  Ridiculous!

Hope you all find this helpful and start making this a year of saving!

Cheers!
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment