Friday, June 13, 2014

Living Below Your Means

One thing I learned during a college financial seminar was to always live below my means.  So even though I can afford a Grade A product, I should always go one level below to a Grade B.  It's obviously much harder said than done, and personally speaking, this is one of the most difficult things for me to do.

I've realized in the last few days that living by this rule will make budgeting a lot easier.  Once you start living below your means, you will naturally save more. Usually once people get promoted, they upgrade a lot of things in their lives.  They will get a nicer car or a nicer home or nicer clothes and bags. And while upgrading isn't a horrible thing, sometimes (usually) we start spending right up to our means, which makes budgeting harder.  Mo' money, mo' problems.

This post is really a reminder to myself.  It's not just about finances.  God calls us to be selfless and to live humbly.  He calls us to give more than we take and to be thankful for everything that we do have.  He gives and takes away and for good reason.

So no puppy for me. 

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment